DougF wrote:

>Yeah, but a real 200/2.8 becomes a 300/2.8 with a gain in size and
>weight at least equal to the gain made on the 135.  And the 300/4
>becomes a 450/4 ... and the 400/5.6 becomes a 600/5.6 ... yummy! :-)

Quite right.  That is why when a (Pentax) Full Frame digital body comes out
I would ideally like to keep the *istD.  That way I can use it for telephoto
shots and the FF body for wide angle.  When my wife and I used to go
travelling we always used to have 2 bodies, so that one camera would be
fitted with a wide angle zoom (Tokina 19-35) and the other a longer zoom (a
M75-150/4).  Also I would bring along a A50/1.4 for low light shots.
Trouble is that *istD and DA16-45 were so expensive I had no choice but to
sell off all my film bodies and most of my lenses to pay for them.