My Epson 2200 has produced about 400 Super B prints in less than a year. If it fails before its three years old, it's warranteed by Comp USA, and I'll be entitled to a free replacement. Prior to this, I owned an Epson 1200. It produced around 1500 prints in about 4 years. It's still producing nice prints. I have no argument with Epson. They've been very, very good.
Paul
This one time, at band camp, Juey Chong Ong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Congratulations on getting your 2200! If you have a well calibrated
display, assuming the 2200 meets factory specs, and you have good
display and printer profiles, and your ICC workflow is proper, I think
you'll find the prints from the 2200 to be very close to what you see
on your display even if you use the Epson-supplied printer profiles.

For semi-gloss prints, I've also tried the Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl
paper with the Ilford-supplied profile. They work well, and it's a less
costly option for printing in larger quantities compared to the Epson
Premium Luster paper (I still prefer the Premium Luster, though).

I had great expectations of my Epson 1290 printer, it did good A3 prints.
I mostly did A4 size prints and few rolls of 6x4.
I had done less than 500 prints in 18 months and it has recently died.
I am replacing it with a Canon printer, hopefully I will have better
luck with that. I also hope my Epson color laser printer goes the
distance better than its inkjet companion.

Totally dissapointed with Epson
Kevin

---------
 ______