This thread has now gone full circle!
(Was sorry I started it for a while) :-(

If someone such as Frank or myself has been using film cameras for as long
as we have:
1.) How long would it be before I could load, adjust and shoot a *ist D by
feel, in the dark, and be as confident I did it right as with say, an ME
Super or MX? Answer = Years!
2.) How about the behavior and drawbacks/strengths of Digi vs film? Or
wet/optical processing/printing vs Photoshop? Answer = More years of
learning!
3.) What if I just happen to LIKE grain? I've used fast film just to get
more grain, I believe it adds character and "authenticity" to some photos.

This is MY hobby, I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy it!
Another "hobby" of mine is repairng electronics, that I AM good at, will you
presume to tell me which soldering iron or multimeter is the "best" for me?
Of course not!

My favorite saying heard on this list so far is still: "It's All About The
Image".

Who the H*** cares HOW the image was "born", anybody care that I was born in
Berea, Ohio, USA?
Or is the fact that I'm here, and that I'm me the facts that really matter?

It may surprise you that sometimes, when one of you presents a wonderful
image for me to enjoy, I totally forget to look at the bottom line to see
what camers/lens/process produced it!!
I just enjoy it, and that's all.

Don