Vic ...

Time to burst your bubble: not every lab is going to give you the same
quality results when processing slide film.  As with all labs, there are
those that are poor, those that are good, and those that are superior.  Try
this experiment: get a few short rolls of your favorite slide film, all
from the same emulsion batch.  Expose each frame on every roll in the same
manner (you may need a neutral or controlled lighting environment for
this).  Include a Kodak grey Card or Macbeath Color Chart in the scene.
Bracket your exposures as fine as you can within a two (or preferably,
three) stop spread.  1/4 or 1/3 stop brackets are best for this little
test.  Be sure the camera is mounted on a tpod or a secure, solid base.
Use no filters, but use a good lens hood.

Now take the rolls of slide film and deliver it to several labs, including
your favorite lab.  Pick the other labs at random, although try to include
any lab you've heard is great or awful.  Do not have the slides mounted.
View them thru a good quality loupe on a properly calibrated and color
corrected light pad or box, or thru a slide projector on a quality screen
in a properly dark room.

Then decide for yourself  if there's no difference in lab quality and
results.  Experience here tells me that there can be substantial
differences in the results.  Substantial is, BTW, subjective.  My
substantial may be your inconsequential.  However, I'll bet you a couple of
rolls of your favorite slide film that you will see differences.

One other thing: if all you shoot is slide film, you may well be losing the
creative opportunities available from other types of emulsions.  maybe
that's a non-issue for you, but it is something to consider.

Shel

> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Again, another reason to shoot slide film. You get what you shoot. If the
> images don't come out right, 99 per cent of the time it's your fault...
No need