Bruce penned:> Hello Billy,

> My experience over the years has not been that great.  Fast,
> inexpensive labs have problems with squeegee scratching, chemical
> deposits, bad chemistry and cutting negs poorly.  I have tons of
> examples of all the above.
>
> Just hang around and watch the staff handling of film for awhile and
> get sick to your stomach as they handle the film with bare hands
> putting finger marks on the emulsion side or dropping the film onto
> the floor to get scratched or watch them slice through portions of
> your negatives when rushing to get the orders done.
>
> Better labs will treat your film with more care and respect.  If you
> just have develop only and no prints made, you may find the cost
> difference per roll quite small between a good lab and a poor lab.
> The best way to pick is to watch their film handling for awhile to see
> how well the film gets treated.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Bruce

Bruce, i did that not long ago,standing in line at the local drug mart waiting to do a
purchase. The film
machine is next to the cash and i watched the young kids do their thing. Rolling up
negs,bare hands
and stuffing them into those paper envelopes we get our prints in. No plastic sleeves
protect.
I was thinking of using them for my quicky film prints after my local mini went &^&* up
but nope, not
now.
I lucked out having the Rapid Photo lab in Stouffville.He is a photographer,can talk
the
talk and walk the
walk.He could handle B&W and even sold the film.(Probably all to me LOL)
Many a day i walked in with some film,only to stand and talk shop for quite awhile.But
he's gone
now.Sighhhh
I'll stick to the pro lab around the corner from work. Price is a tad more but i get
sleeved negs.:-)

Dave