On Aug 28, 2004, at 8:55 AM, Bob W wrote:

Is anybody here still using hand metering and if yes, when?

Yes. I have a Sekonic L-608 (electronic, flash, spot, etc) and a Sekonic L-208 Twinmate (analogue, incident and reflected light).

Analog? I don't have one. Got a couple of digital meters, though.

I use a Pentax digital spot meter for all of my medium format work, and any other time when the lighting is too difficult for a centre-weighted meter.

When I bought the Pentax I kept my Sekonic L-328 with the spot meter attachment. I use it extremely rarely now but I won't part with it as it does flash metering (both incident and, with the attachment, spot). Also its battery test is pretty accurate for checking AA batteries.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/