graywolf wrote:
Wow, guys, they are the same meter. The L-28C is just an older model of the L-398. The Norwood Director mentioned by someone else is an older version still. Sekonic bought out Norwood long ago. I have actually owned all 3.

---

Goes to show...quality will out!
A couple of years ago I called Sekonic to ask if the selenium sensor chip might have some linearity problems, after all these years, and he said if the meter's needle will still zero and work smoothly thru it's travel, the chip and the movement are just fine.
You retire a battery-less meter when it will no longer zero the needle.

Just like me, still 'working' after all these years! And that's all I'll say about that! <g>

keith

Still metering with my L398, it's a trusty tool. When? Whenever situation calls for incident metering :)