Absolutely not Markus. The glass polarizers are a much better choice. I don't enjoy sitting in front of a PC more than anyone else. However, we do have 4-6 months of the year up here where it is too bloody hot to be outside taking photos, so lots of time in the aircon to work on photoshop :-) .

I always used glass pol's wherever possible prior to the *ist D. And there is no substitute for having one when you need it. In fact, I will probably go back to using a circ pol on my WA lens, as soon as I am satisfied that the one I have is a keeper (in case of different filter sizes if I decide to swap). The other issue up here is that I really don't need to worry too much about reflections of water....there isn't any! (unless I am on the coast).

Cheers

Shaun

Markus Maurer wrote:

Hi Shaun
does it really make sense replacing a $30 circular pol filter with software
costing much, much more and
having all the work done in Photoshop?

I prefer having 2 polfilter in different filter sizes.
Some people must love sitting in front of a computer :-)
Just wondering
greetings
Markus

Try getting hold of Nik Color Effects Pro. It WILL NOT remove all glare
or reflections (for all of the reason mentioned), however, it will
remove/modify some of the effects of said glare/reflections, minimizing
the detrimental effect evident in some photos....

Cheers

Shaun

Dr. Shaun Canning
P.O. Box 21, Dampier, WA,