Hi John
of course you are right when it comes to the S-HMC and multicoated type of
filters.
They are rarely found second hand and the prices you quoted seem to be about
the same here.
I have never seen a S-HMC filter second hand and the yellow Pentax filter
was not SMC too.

I see UV or skylight HMC Hoya (Hama) filters very often second hand here.
And as far as I have read B+W filters are considered to be of quite good
quality,
they do not mention the type of coating on the filters (51, 81B, Close-Up))
I have.

--> The 58mm polarizer form Hoya I got here seems to be uncoated which would
explain the low price a bit. <----
    (Nothing is written on the filter, as JCO wrote maybe it's single
coated)

I really like the effect of polarizers, so I use them quite often, also in
the last PESO:
Artbar to take out the reflections of the shop window.

Whether it is useful at all to put filters on the lens (for protection etc)
has been discussed before here .. ;-)

greetings
Markus