One thing that everyone seems to be missing is that the M and the A lenses
may provide different results wrt color.  That may be an issue for some
people under some circumstances, such as photographing the same subject
using the different lenses.  IOW, the benefit of using one series or
another may outweigh whatever benefit there is to using both.  Personally,
I like the idea of all my lenses, at least for a particular photo session,
to behave similarly.

Shel Belinkoff
"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

> From: Toralf Lund

> >Yes, the M mechanics appear better.
> >
> >But the deeper blue/purple coatins of the A provide a
> >cooler, crisper, more contrasy result.  I've compared M & A before and
personally find the difference is meaningful.  YMMV.