From: Jens Bladt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 3 September 2004 7:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Pentax *ist D and a Studio Flash

The *ist D works perfectly with a Metz CT 45 flash. Funny enough it doesn't
in the studio!!!!????

I just got back from photographing a lot of stuff (MZ-S, Pentacon stuff, I
never use, Exakta bodies, lenses and view finders) that I want to put up for
auction at ebay. I was very surprised to find out, that there was no way in
h... I could make the studio strobes fire, without using the RTF as well. So
I had to do just that. That's kind of OK (still useable) for ebay shots, but
sertainly not for portraits etc. I assumed that I was just not using the
right settings on the *ist D (there's just too many settings, that I'll
never use...).

I have now tried connecting an ordenary camera flash (Metz 45 CT-1) to the
*ist D flash socket  - with an ordenary two wire cord. It's works perfectly.
So I guess there's got to be something funny with the strobes!!!???
Did any of you have similar experiences?

I saw a guy Tuesday, using a D70 with these strobes (Courtnay) - and it
worked just fine!

All the best
Jens Bladt

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]