Depends a lot on how and what you photograph.  Carrying the 1.4 around for
lots of hand-held shots on the street, trying to stuff it into the Domke
F-803 satchel, just wasn't worth the effort, especially since any sharpness
superiority the 1.4 had was often mitigated by hand holding and trying to
hold the larger lens steady in various situations.  It was nice when used
on a t'pod, but I rarely use one when outside.  I won't restart the debate
of whether or not its size is intimidating, as, after a while I came to
realize that it was the size of the hood, not the lens, that was the issue.
A smaller hood put a stop to that concern in a minute.  Still, I liked the
1.4 but it just didn't fit that well into my shooting style.

Shel