Keith,

He also called it SMC, so I'm assuming that he knew Asahi was Pentax. In my mind I substituted as I assumed he did. So my conclusion was
that he asking about the the M42 lens. I have both and they are both equally good. I could be wrong but the assumptions seemed reasonable.

Keith Whaley wrote:

Hi Peter,

I gather the buyer knew it was an M42 mount, since he called it a Takumar.
The only thing up to question is, is it an Auto- or S.M-C Tak?

No, I'm wrong, he called it a Pentax Takumar, of which there were none...
So, we have two things to determine, is it an Asahi or a Pentax.

Then, of course, he has a choice depending on what camera body he wants so use it on.

I had the same dilemma a couple or three years ago.
I had a chance to buy a model II of the f/2.5 135mm /sc takumar.
While I had a few M42 bodies, I wanted to use it on my M-series bodies (MG, MV, MX.)
So, I left the adapter ring on it, and really enjoyed it!

Later I found a K-mount 135, a Vivitar Series 1 f/2.3, a lovely piece of glass...

keith whaley

Peter J. Alling wrote:

The SMC Takumar is one of the lenses that became a K mount with virtually no changes except the mount of course.
Comments about the Pentax should apply to the Tak as well. 150 seems to be a reasonable price, but remember it
is a M42 lens so you'll need an adapter...