I think I'll wait until the *ist-Dn with the higher frame rate and better buffer management, (and maybe instantaneous stop down tv metering as an option).

Steve Jolly wrote:

Rob Brigham wrote:

I actually think the istDs is pitched just about as well as Pentax could
have done in my opinion.  The SD card thing will stop me seriously
considering it any time soon, but then again I don't really need it
anyway.  Might have considered it as a backup if it took the same cards
and was REALLY cheap though.

I think that Pentax would prefer you, and indeed anyone reading this particular mailing list, to fork out the extra for the *istD anyway. Which reinforces your claim that they pitched it perfectly, in my opinion. :-)

I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke