On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:31:03 +0100, Rob Brigham wrote:

>I actually think the istDs is pitched just about as well as Pentax could
>have done in my opinion.  The SD card thing will stop me seriously
>considering it any time soon, but then again I don't really need it
>anyway.  Might have considered it as a backup if it took the same cards
>and was REALLY cheap though.

I am actually thinking of the Optio MX4 for taking macro movies.  This
takes the SD cards and because I am looking at movies I would buy large
capacity cards.  I may have to invest in one of those adaptors.  I've
seen a few things in the *istDS that I would like to see as firmwear
upgrades in the *istD, like histogram view as default in preview mode
and defining the startup zoom magnification, but I'm going to stick
with the *istD for now.

>What ultimately stops me though is that I am looking for the istD to
>become my backup and my primary to have a larger sensor and better feel.
>I pick up my MZ-S to feel joy, but pick up the istD to take pictures.

This is my plan exactly.  I have situations where 6 Mpixels is the
right amount, but there are times I would like a bit more - 10 or 12.
I'm keeping one MZ-S for film until it's no longer available, then it
will go on display in my camera cabinet.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon