From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 9:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: istDs - what a great camera!

> Open aperture manual is a thinking mans mode
> and real time open aperture AE is a nice feature to have
> when you need it. AE can always be turned off
> but with the *istD it isnt available EVER.
> JCO

Aperture-priority AE is available when you press the green button. It's
a different way of doing it than you're used to, but it certainly *is*
aperture-priority AE. And as others have mentioned, it is faster than
turning a
control to adjust shutter speed in metered manual mode.

No comment on "thinking mans mode" as I'm not a "thinking man."

ERN