Actually I believe that it is counter survival for them. But that's only my belief. You can believe anything you want.

Paul Stenquist wrote:

Trying it is one thing. Using it every day is another. When you use it every day, it becomes second nature. You don't even realize you're doing it. After 8 months or so with the *istD, It feels just like an LX in ap priority mode when I use it with K or M lenses. My finger just pops the green button from time to time. I don't even think about doing it. It's not an inconvenience. And I don't resent Pentax for providing some motivation to buy new lenses. They have to if they want to survive. That is not unethical.

On Sep 16, 2004, at 2:31 AM, Peter J. Alling wrote:

Paul, I have tried it, I know exactly how easy it is to use, (and in many circumstances it is more than adequate), but it still pisses me off that the Camera was purposefully pprevented from fully using the K/M lenses. I understand exactly how John feels. It is the main reason that I don't actually own an *ist-d right now.
Paul Stenquist wrote:

Once again, you don't know how easy it is to operate the *istD because you haven't tried it. It sounded complicated to me as well, but I've found it to be very intuitive. Try it, you'll like it.
Paul
On Sep 15, 2004, at 6:49 PM, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

KX and MX are not AE cameras so the *istD AE may be
easier than the KX or MX, but the *istD metered manual
mode cant be as good as the KX or MX because those cameras
offer open aperture metered manual ON THE FLY realtime
continously,
JCO

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 9:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: istDs - what a great camera!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

It does what amounts to aperture priority with a simple push of the
green button. It will set the shutter speed automatically, so you
really have only one motion to complete, pushing the button. I don't
understand why some feel this is difficult. I do it in situations with
constantly changing exposure and have never experienced a problem or
felt inconvenienced.

As has been pointed out by others, using K and M lenses on the ist-D is
much simpler than using K and M lenses on a KX or MX - cameras for which
these lenses were originally intended.

Anyone who has difficulty using K/M lenses on an ist-D needs to get out
and practice manual shooting with an MX, K1000 or Spotmatic.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke