No, it isn't necessary to press the green button for a subsequent shots at the same exposure. The camera will maintain the same shutter speed and aperture. When I'm shooting somewhere where the light is changing I hit the button before each shot. I've found that this becomes an almost unconscious motion, much like hitting the rewind leve on a manual winding camera, but requiring much less effort and time. Someone like you, who prefers and is accustomed to a considerable amount of manual control, would find the *istD, and presumably the new model very easy to use with K and M lenses. With new lenses, I find the *istD almost too easy to use. I have to remind myself to stop and think before I shoot, because any camera is a dumb machine, and some are just less dumb than others. As I'm sure you know, it's the smart ones with auto everything that can trick you into complacency.
Paul

On Sep 16, 2004, at 7:21 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

One question Paul: Once the exposure has been set and the aperture chosen,
is it necessary to use the green button for subsequent exposures if they
are all going to be at the same aperture and exp value?

Shel

From: Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Trying it is one thing. Using it every day is another. When you use it
every day, it becomes second nature. You don't even realize you're
doing it. After 8 months or so with the *istD, It feels just like an LX
in ap priority mode when I use it with K or M lenses. My finger just
pops the green button from time to time. I don't even think about doing
it. It's not an inconvenience. And I don't resent Pentax for providing
some motivation to buy new lenses. They have to if they want to
survive. That is not unethical.