Strangely enough my opinion is that they simply no longer make lenses that use that coupling, so they decided they did not need it in the camera. Many of us here on the list sound a lot like those folks who screamed because their car no longer came with a starting crank.

Then the screaming here on the list and other places made them think it was worthwhile to do a workaround in software. Or, the software could have been planned from the beginning, but the screams to get the camera on the market caused them to release it before that was fully implemented.

We seem to be good at screaming here (grin).

--

Peter J. Alling wrote:
If Espon and Chinon(Yoightlander), built a classic K mount digital body based on their Leica digital with
the Bessaflex prism, (probably not as difficult as it might sound), I would bet Pentax would change their mind
fairly quickly.

Jim Apilado wrote:

I recently had to replace my useable cell phone because a replacement
battery couldn't be found. I mentioned "Planned Obsolescence" to the clerk.
She just gave me that deer-in-the-headlight stare. She had never heard of
P.O.
A Pentax rep told me early this year that Pentax would never make a digital
slr that would be fully compatible with early K/M lenses. It was upsettings
to hear that news.
Jim a.