It does remain fixed, except for auto-bracketing. In a sense it is still fixed then. The camera just takes a couple of shots at lower and higher speeds than the "fixed" speed.

It's quite impressive.

John

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:59:11 -0400, J. C. O'Connell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I thought someone said that after "green button"
the shutter speed remains fixed until pressed again?
No?
JCO

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Loveday [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 8:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: istDs - what a great camera!

does the *istD support autobracketing in any modes with
any lenses?

I ask because with the narrower latitude and "free film" of digital
capture it seems to me that autobracketing AE would be ideal. There is

no way this could be done with the "green button" kludge with K/M
but I am wondering if istD offers it with A series or later lenses?

Actually it does work with any lens.

Admittedly with pre-A lenses you can only bracket with shutter speed
(aperture is obviously fixed), but this would be the case on any camera
with
a K/M lens I daresay.  I just tried this to confirm it works,
green-button
sets exposure, then bracket works fine.

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday