Only three people making dozens of posts. We are turning into Usenet here...

--

J. C. O'Connell wrote:
You guys don't seem to understand the implication of
abandoning support of K/M lenses with no technical ( and no
one has yet proven it was a cost issue either)  reason
to do so. They have crossed the line and can longer be trusted
to support anything you buy for any time as they may decide whatever
they want to do on anything. What if they abandon A series next and
when? There is now no limit to the shit they might pull now.
They have never done anything like this before so the sky is
the limit for them now.....They were ONCE one of the best brands
for compatibility of new products and support of older ones in
the process ( A, and F lenses for example). The fact they did
not change their mount when AF came out was great, unlike
minolta and canon did, but what was the point of abandoning very SIMPLE
K/M support now when there is no new lenses or mount changes? NONE
except
to attempt to sell new lenses that I can see....And if a cheap
part removal "saved" costs, where is it in the price? Aint there!
I don't think there is any signifigant cost savings in K/M ignorance,
that's why the camera is still relatively expensive compared to their
rivals.
This K/M aperture ignorance is absurd in a top line camera from them
that isn't even price competitive
and that absurdity makes me no longer trust them at all.....
The sad part is Both the K and the M lenses are better made (longer
life) than
the "A" series. Support the shit, abandon quality. What a policy.
They are now in the disposable camera market.
JCO