On 21 Sep 2004 at 0:06, John C.  O'Connell wrote:

> Im not talking about panoramics, Im talking about
> using a DSLR to do normal photography and stitching
> both verically and horzontally to simulate LF.
> I don't see how you could do that without a tripod
> unless you do a lot of overlapping and that would
> require even more exposures and time to shoot.

OK I was speaking primarily of panoramic aspect ratios. All stitching method
that I know of require an amount of overlap. If I'm making a hand held series I
usually overlap about 30% into each frame, it's obviously easier to get away
with less overlap when using a tripod. If you are shooting and pivoting one
foot the only real problem is the cameras buffer speed (when shooting a large
series)

I suspect that if I was shooting LF I would rarely be using the whole frame. My
primary aim wouldn't be to simply emulate a LF aspect ratio but to best capture
and portray the scene. The flexibility inherent in mosaic image capture
relating to aspect ratio and resolution is it's attraction to me.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998