Hi all

I was going to add some comments of my own to my last post, but decided
it'd be fairer to let them stand on their own two feet. :-) I have looked
at this month's gallery and liked some, disliked some, and some have gone
right past me.

Some of the ones I like:

"Daniil. Study Of Character" by Alexey Tikhonov. This is a photograph that
would look great hanging on any wall. My words won't do justice to the
photograph, so I'll leave it at that. :-)

"Copper Seas" by Brian Campbell. I really like this photograph. The clarity
of the sea and hills in the distance is something I never get to see here,
which probably attracts me to the image. The colours blend in so well. A
very good photograph.

"The Jewel" by Gianfranco Irlanda. This one grabbed me straight off. I
thought it was a ring when I looked at the thumbnail, then discovered it
was bubbles on coffee. Amazing. This may not be the best photograph in the
gallery, but will be the one that reminds me that I don't need to go
looking for material, it's there staring me in the face all the time.

"Cerro Lòpez" by Luis Pinar. Luis, I too don't like the tree stump in the
foreground, but don't think it ruined the photograph. It is a bit
distracting, but the rest of the photograph grabs the attention away from
it pretty quickly. By the time I'd looked at it four or five times the only
thing that I was noticing were the blue lakes, green vegetation and the
wonderful mountains.

I've missed a few that are worthy of comment. I may get around to it later
today if I can find some time.

Cheers

Jon

Relax! Take life as it comes, you can't chase the sun, you can't race the wind