I think a nice 12mm would be about the same as the 17mm full frame fisheye. (I'm looking to pick up one cheap for my inevitable jump into digital).

Paul Stenquist wrote:

Fisheye lenses are going to be a problem with any APS digital camera. Perhaps the next pentax witll be a 35mm sized sensor. Although an 8mm fisheye would probably give you a pretty good effect, even with an APS camera.
Paul