I think that you just ran into the "my new toy syndrome". Folks do not want to hear that their new toy is not perfect. They will defend their toy to the death. All of that is just basic human psychology. No need to get upset.

However, I can understand the aggravation you feel when you are wanting to find out something useful.

I, for one, will miss you on the list. Please do not stay away too long.

--

Dario Bonazza wrote:

OK folks, a night has passed but I don't feel so much better.
When the effort exceeds the enjoyment it's time to stop, isn't it?
So I'm very tired I have to explain again and again my arguments and being
misunderstood most of the time.
Maybe I'm not able to express my thoughts well, after all English is not my
language. Also, in case someone felt insulted by me (I don't think I did,
but you never know...), please accept my apologies, as it was never my
intention to do that.

When I posted a problem (or a supposed one, OK) and a possible explanation
to this list is because I was looking for your help in understanding better,
not for enjoying being a denigrator, a jerk or the like.
I wrote repeatedly that I like the *istD very much (after all I bought it
after having used it and having seen its limits for six months!), but I also
found some problems. Can't you love someone/something even if he/she/it has
some kind of defect? How can't you understand that? I simply didn't want to
be blind!
So I tried to understand the limits of the *istD image quality for one year
and all the help I got here were at best banal suggestions of setting proper
sharpness, or using RAW (which of course I already had tried again and
again, and I wrote that ad nauseam), or at worst denials of my observations
or irritated comments about me touching someone else's beliefs and (I think)
prejudices.

Since I don't have so much spare time (very little indeed), I think I can
find better ways to use it, hence I'm going to unsubscribe for the time
since 1997 (apart from very few and short breaks during vacations).

Of course I'll miss many of you, and I want to especially thank (for
different reasons) Cotty, Frank Theriault, John Francis, Keith Whaley,
Michel Carrère-Gée, Paul Stenquist, Rob Studdert, Shel, Sylwek, Tan and many
other I cannot cite just because someone else will always missing too.

A big THANKS to all of you and a big APOLOGY to those which were disturbed
by me.

In any case, you all know how to contact me, and you can follow me in my
website:
www.dariobonazza.com.

Bye and al the best,

Dario Bonazza