Hi Ken,

I'm just repeating what others have said.  I'm far from an expert on the
subject, but, iirc, John and others made a good case for the point that
image degradation does not always occur when saving a JPEG, as noted in my
post below.  Is John correct?  Are you correct? I don't know.  I'm not an
expert.  Didn't even land the role to play one on TV <LOL>

As to why *I* would resave if the file was just opened for viewing - if you
meant me specifically rather than that generic "you" - well, I wouldn't,
not intentionally, anyway.  But there are many instances when *someone*
might - I've certainly done so unintentionally.  There's the scenario where
a file may be opened and the viewewr wants to save it to another folder, or
to a disk or CD, and may choose to use the save command rather than the
copy command. Or maybe just hit the save button out of habit.

The point, of course, isn't WHY someone might do this, but what happens
when it's done: does the image degrade?

Shel