Leigh... If auto-focus is important to you, then you may want to consider
the F 70-210/4-5.6 ED. Although I prefer the constant aperture of the A
70-210, I understand that the optical quality of the F lens is as good or
better, and, of course, you'll save a bit on the weight. Perhaps Fred or
another list member can comment on the optical quality differences between
the two?