It's a fine lens ... got one a few months ago and initially wasn't too
happy with it, but after some use and closer examination of the photos and
scans, have been very pleased.  It'll be great on the istD(s), and works
pretty well as a "wider" portrait lens on a 35mm slr as well.  Plus, the
AOV makes for a more interesting perspective than a typical 50mm at times.

Shel