----- Original Message ----- From: "Jens Bladt"
Subject: RE: Epson Printer (Stylus Photo)

I guess I'll leave the cleaning fluid/cartridge in the machine over night
(recommended by the cleaning cartridge manufacturer).
Tomorrow I'll put in a fresh black ink cartridge. If the prints are still
bad, I'll simply ditch the whole thing. It cost me something like 700 USD
four years ago. Today (after app. 100 prints) it's probably worhless. A new
printer will cost me less than giving this one a repair. I still think it is
very annoying that EPSON, not me, decides when to add cleaning fluid or when
to replace an ink cartridges. I won't buy an Epson printer again! Big
mistake! I have spent more money on replacing full or half full cartridges
than on useable prints! I guess I'll just go back to having the lab do my
prints. It's much cheaper and less annoying.

If you have used an Epson printer for 25 prints a year, you have under utilized the unit to the point of destroying it. The inks do dry out over time, that can't be helped.
Epson makes a fine printer, but they are a production machine, they must be used.

William Robb