Fra: David Mann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 4. december 2004 05:41
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Epson Printer (Stylus Photo) - resetting the chips

On Dec 4, 2004, at 4:58 AM, Jens Bladt wrote:

> I think I found the keyword my self: Chipsresetter! For app. 20 USD I
> can
> buy a chipsrestter, which will reset my ink cartridge so the printer
> believes it is full, not empty.
> Annother tool is buying/changing the cartridge chip. This is even
> cheaper.
>
> Anyone tried this?

A friend of mine uses one with his Epson 2100.  I don't remember how
much extra printing he gets from it, but it was quite a lot.

However I have heard rumours that running the ink out on a regular
basis could damage the print head.  This rumour may have been planted
by Epson, but it's enough to scare me away from doing it myself.  I
might sell him my used cartridges cheaply...

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/