You bougt a cracked version. Illegal. Bootleg.  Call it what you will.  Run
the serial number through Google, see what turns up, and let us know  ;-))

Something similar happened to a friend of mine.  He did the same thing with
v7.0.  When I became suspicious and called PS, they told me it was an
illegal copy, and told me what I just told you.  There were something like
12,000 hits that came up on that serial number from all over the world.

Shel