Rob Studdert mused:

> On 3 Dec 2004 at 14:20, John Francis wrote:
>
> > I still don't understand why this limitation is necessary, though.
>
> John, you simply need to purchase some F/FA,DFA lenses :-)

Could be.  The last lenses I bought new from Pentax were the PZ
28-105 & 100-300 I purchased when first I ventured into auto-focus
(along with a PZ-1p).  Since then I've spent quite a lot on lenses,
but only on the used market.  Pentax have got some money from me,
mind you; the MZ-S+BG and the *ist-D were both purchased new at
the full introductory retail price, before any price decreases :-(

I suppose it's remotely possible that Pentax have something up
their sleeves, and the virtual disappearance of Pentax FA lenses
is a precursor to a new range of lenses appearing, partnered by
the rumoured *ist-D+ .  I'd definitely be tempted by something
like a DFA* 300/4 with USM & IS.  But I'm not holding my breath.