Peter J. Alling wrote:

> My biggest objection is that it makes a very
> expensive special purpose lens into the equivalent of a cheap badly
> designed lens.

I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste, although I did mention that
I'm planning on using it on film bodies as well. And speaking of expensive,
I now have a full-frame super wide angle lens for $250 less than the DA 14mm
that I can use on all my bodies.

> I suppose I was a bit disappointed, I happen to like fisheyes
> and using
> them in a situation where you can minimize the fisheye effect on full
> frame  is
> more what I expected.

Ok, here are a few of the images that really sold me on this lens. These
ones showed some distortion:

Guitar: http://www.pbase.com/image/36692773
Museum: http://www.pbase.com/jlefcourt/image/28610905
Phone: http://www.pbase.com/image/33933780
Dog: http://www.pbase.com/image/26897289

Here are some where the distortion is minimized:

Birthday: http://www.pbase.com/image/33014871
Fish: http://www.pbase.com/image/28988352
Mountains: http://www.pbase.com/image/34265101
Snow: http://www.pbase.com/image/26302807
Grave: http://www.pbase.com/image/33493063

And hey, if you don't like these, that's cool...that's what makes this list
interesting. <G>

Amita