Stopped down to 2.8 or 4 the 43ltd is a top lens.
You talked of a two-persons-conflict, but you mentioned some more: the
collector, the user, the one that earns/has the money and someone who askes
for quality. And you forgot the one who wants to play with those toys.
Let's see:
The collector may take the 43ltd, perhaps.
The one searching for a toy, too (it looks great on a MEsuper!).
If money is an issue your choice is clear.
Quality: Why don't you take a 50 / 1.4?
And the user: What angle of view do you like more? (I prefer the wider one.)
Forgot someone?

Hope that helps
Best, Bernd