IMO the 43mm is a special lens in terms of its
characteristics. It has a quite high resolution at f8
or so. I think between f2.8 and 5.6 it is also very
good compared to other fast standard lenses. But what
I like most about this lens its color reproduction,
and the contrasty and color-saturated (but IMO not
intrusive) out of focus images. The images have quite
a different look to those taken with the Pentax 50mm
lenses that I have tried (admittedly not the 50/2).
Some like it others don't, I do
Enjoy,
Alexander