On Dec 12, 2004, at 8:48 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Hmmm. I like Shel's version far better than the grainy one. Although if you're going for "old," the grainy version looks older. Perhaps just because it's not as refined. The color shot is quite nice as well. If I had to pick based on pure aesthetics, I'd go for Shel's. But that's just me.

I too prefer Stel's version. In fact, looking at it, and comparing it with the original, I'm reminded about why I like B&W so much. When you strip the color, allowing you to see the beauty of the texture of light and of the world. The B&W draws out the beautiful texture of the leaves and of the building. I hope you don't mind if I drag a copy to my desktop pictures folder. :-)
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland