I don't know I have an image of a professional photographer in the third world, shooting film since he doesn't need much infrastructure at his site. (He doesn't care about what's behind the film he uses).

Bob W wrote:

Hi,

Yup, and when they are rich enough to be able to afford electricity,
the first thing they will do is go out and buy a digital camera, and
a computer.
They will leapfrog film altogether.

According to Marx all societies go through essentially the same stages of industrial development. It is therefore a historical dialectic inevitability that almost as soon as they have developed spinning jennies and the crinoline, somebody in the 3rd world will have the bright idea to coat a piece of paper with a silver solution.

The rest will be history. Eventually.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke