I thought some of you guys might want to know this :-)

Many years ago (1993, I believe), before I got a professional flash strobe
outfit, I made a flash outfit myself.

I bought four used Metz CT 45 camera flash units (I already had two). I
mounted these separately on an Osram Pilot.
This is a device that will hold a camera flash, a lamp (bulb) and an photo
umbrella. I got very tired of
that
would allow me to use either larger batteries (C) or an AC/DC power supply.

The photograph posted below, shows a AC/DC device fitted with a contact that
has a built-in condensator/capacitor
(A friend of mine, who is an electro-engineer, told me to do this), which
will prevent the fuse
in the AC device to blow, when to flashes are charging at once. (This is why
a big "K" is written on the unit).

Then I made a battery container attrap (in the front of the picture) to put
into the flash battery compartment.
I connected the stuff, using long wires - and Bingo!

I use slave cells for activating all flashes, except the one that's
connected to the camera.
This way it's not too expensive to get a powered flash outfit with
acceptable recharging intervals.

In the end I also made soft boxes to fit on two of my four Osram Pilots.

All the best

Jens

http://gallery37564.fotopic.net/p10011017.html

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]