Margus Männik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>how many of those 1000 could be published or, at least, printed in
>8"x10" and hanged to your room wall?
>For example I shoot every month at least one new digital camera product
>pictures for our local  magazine. Quite often it takes more than 50
>images to get 4-6 pictures that I like enough to be published. The same
>happens in nature - where I would adjust everything carefully to get
>couple of frames in HQ slide, I shoot tens of images with digital
>instead. The yield remains approximately the same...

This is true, but the value of "that I like enough to be published"
changes over time as you get better and your standards go up. I have the
same approximate "yield" that I did 10 years ago, but a lot of the stuff
that I throw away now (because it just doesn't make the grade) would
have been kept (enthusiastically!) back then. It's all relative :)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing