Yep... Point & shoot DCs are much more popular and affordable now...

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 9:18 AM
To: Pentax Discuss
Subject: Film is Dying, Chapter 3

So far, we are down 40% from last year on film processing.
Last year, we were down about 15% from the year before.
This is the all important Christmas rush, which normally is a very
hectic and profitable time.

William Robb

I believe it. As we only carried digital cameras I don't consider it accurate, but we sold out of almost all of our digital P&S cameras this season. I partly blame our buyers for that, but the word was that nobody had much of anything left this year. About twice a week someone would ask me where our film cameras were. The next couple years are going to be critical for labs to figure out how to get customers in to print digital camera images or you'll see a lot of chains dropping the service (IMHO)

Butch