We had some decent light today, so I walked down the street to the marsh,
hoping to see some birds. I usually take the A 400/5.6 and a tripod or monopod
on such occasions, but I was feeling lazy, so I mounted the FA 80-320/4.5-5.6.
The birds must have all had hangovers, because they were in hiding, but this
squirrel kept watching me. Looking at his girth, I'd bet he's been fed pretty
well by humans. He wouldn't come close, but he wasn't totally camera shy
either. Here's a handheld shot at 320mm on the *istD. The stop is 5.6, the
shutter speed 1/250 at iso 400. The fov is, of course, equivelant to a 480mm
lens on a 35mm film camera.  This isn't a great lens, but it's a lot of fun for
walkarounds where a long reach is a good thing.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3000223&size=lg