On Jan 2, 2005, at 8:48 PM, Jens Bladt wrote:

I entered a local competition with this. The judge didn't like it - at all.
He said the lighting was bad. That's what bothers me: Is it really wrong to
try to just photograph something the way you see it?

I cannot believe he didn't like the lighting in this flower!!! I think it's beautiful! The unusual lighting adds to its value, not detracts. He was, I suppose, just an old fuddley-duddley. (to speak kindly) I find this photo not merely attractive, but rather amazing! I love how the droplets on the back of the flower petals shows through, due to the backlighting. Nothing to be ashamed of, IMO. :-)
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland