Hi Paul,

I did shoot some vertical but the light was low and none of them were very sharp.

http://www.photosynth.ca/photo/f/deer2.html

You are probably right about the framing, but I try to shoot vertically as little as possible because I find it doesn't fit into most of my applications very well.
Since I usually try not to have my subject looking out of the frame, and she had a bit of a potbelly (spends a lot of time in the neighbor's garden), it seemed to be the best way to deal with the situation.

I live on Cortes island, which is about four hours on three ferries, plus some five hours by car from Vancouver Canada. It is quite a nice little community.

By the way  "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."   :-P

Thanks for the comments,

Francis

At 12:50 AM 1/13/2005 +0000, you wrote:

It's a little soft, but not horribly so. I think I would have shot this as a vertical to fill the frame and see a bit more of the deer. On what island do you live? That sounds like an interesting lifestyle.
Paul