Hi,

personally, I found the KA version less reliable, because often the
contacts were just a tiny bit off and didn't make proper contact. It
sure freaked me out when suddently I couldn't take a photo. I threw it
out afterwards. Having to rotate the lens a bit on/off to be able to
get a photograph is not my idea of good design...

The plain old K is the best, both mechanically and without exposure
quirks because of bad contacts.

However, when opting for the plain K, you obviously lose some
functionality especially on IstD/IstDS...

And do get either a return policy or get it very cheaply. I have had
few cases of lenses and adaptalls being badly compatible...'twas the Nikon
adaptalls, but I believe some compatibility quirks might be with other versions
as
well.

Otherwise, there were some excellent lenses in Adaptall mount.

Frantisek