I'm going to show color prints from film and color prints from digital. I see thousands of prints a month. I can't control the experiment if all the prints are not outputted from the same source. The discussion here centered around a visual difference that was derived from the source: film vs. an optical sensor. To compare those two elements, you have to use the same output device. If there's more than one variable, it's not a controlled experiment.
Paul