Don,
Read what sounds like a handy tip to protect photo
equip. while stored in a car. Use a styrofoam cooler
(inside padded with a towel, for example). Hot/cold
temp. limits will be greatly impaired and the
container shouldn't be as attractive to the would-be
thief.
I use a DC cooler (plugged into car power outlet) for
film and plan to add another ambient cooler on next
photo drive.

Jack