On 30 Jan 2005 at 11:15, John Coyle wrote:

> The first is really a non-issue with the *ist-D!
>
> Test performed just now:
> Lay the camera on the desk, lens mount down, no lens, so the body is
> perfectly horizontal.
> Ensure the strap isn't obstructing the card door.
> Open the card door.
> Push the card eject button.
> Retrieve the card from where it landed - 10 cm. away from the camera!

LOL, you don't own any Microdrives obviously (not that mine actually comes out
without a fight)

The fact that the door can't simply opened to provide clear access the card for
secure removal it is a negative in my books. There are many instance that I
find myself in where I can't provide the ideal conditions that changing the
card in a *ist D requires. For instance I often can't find a desk when I'm in
the midst of a surging crowd, or on a dance floor, or chasing a parade, or in a
huddle at the races or up on the fence at a motorsport event. I have a tab on
my cards to assist in their removal (both are stiff in any *ist D slot) but the
tab can also foul the CF door and my CF card case.

I had no problems changing cards in these sorts of conditions with my previous
CF based body. So what I'm trying to say is that it is a problem for some
users, we aren't simply whingers this aspect of design is poor and I hope that
they address it next round. It's fact nothing else, it doens't stop the camera
from producing excellent images but it can be a PITA in some instances.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998