Paul Stenquist wrote:
The card compartment takes a wee bit of getting used to, but I don't consider it a problem. I now whip cards in and out without even thinking about it. If you have a strap attached, you have to make sure it's not in the way when you open the door, and it's a bit hard to grip the card after pushing the eject button. But after a few days of use you develop a method that makes it all quite simple.

I just attached a strip of electrical tape to the end of the CF card, leaving a little "handle" which I use to pull the card out after pushing the eject button. It makes taking the card out a snap. You just have to make sure the door is positioned all the way open, which is where I find the mechanism awkward.

The lack of an immediate histogram display doesn't bother me in the least. To display the histogram, you push a button twice. I keep the post-exposure review turned off in any case. That way I can review when I want but I don't have the screen flashing on after every shot. One push on the button gives you the review, a second push gives you the histogram, a third push gives you some abbreviated metadata. It's a nice system for the way I work.
I like it the way it is also. I normally dont want the histogram, but instead just want to see if I framed and captured the image the way I wanted. Sometimes I check the histogram when the exposure might be in question. The blinking histogram might be useful, but even more useful would be a mode like PS Raw, where you can see *WHERE* on the image are the hilites blown. Or just as useful, correlate the histogram to what you are looking at, i.e. when if you zoom in the preview, the histogram is re-computed to what you see, and not the whole image.

Paul