On 31 Jan 2005 at 22:16, Mark Cassino wrote:

> Well, shut my mouth and call me slappy, it looks like this has been vented at
> length.
>
> Not that I'd _want_ them to pick up on it - but wouldn't this be a more
> relevant gripe for reviewers  than "fiddly CF card socket..."

I suspect the fix for the large files (bigger external drive) is a little more
elegant that the crappy piece of tape that needs to be attached to many cards
in order to make them at all easy to remove. Also I suspect the CF door isn't
such an issue for non-strap users but I have Tamrac straps with the little QR
lugs on my camera and with the strap connected or not the short flying QR
straps always seem to foul the door.

A fix would be nice but I suspect we can write off any thoughts of further
attention to the *ist D from Pentax. Call it early (well early for Pentax)
adopters blues. We can only cross our fingers that the engineers listen even a
little to our (my) bitching and moaning :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998