OK PDML Police, it's time to turn this guy in!

Both very beautiful pictures, Yves.

Yeah, that decision is ridiculous. Just think if God copyrighted the night sky.

Tom C.

From: Yves Caudano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Copyrighting Public Space?
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:30:14 +0100

At 00:13 8/02/2005, you wrote:

In Namur (Belgium), where I live, I think we are not allowed to publish night pictures of the citadel and of the bridges on the rivers nearby (all public space and the city landmarks) because the artist who designed the lighting claims he has a copyright on it. He won in court against a local photographer if I remember correctly.

Examples of copyrighted views would be: http://yvescaudano.be/galleries/showpicture.html?gallery=misc&pic=13 and http://yvescaudano.be/galleries/showpicture.html?gallery=misc&pic=14

I find very disturbing that it is not allowed to take pictures of the main cityscape at night.

Yves

Yves Caudano, Namur, Belgium

Photography website: http://www.yvescaudano.be
Physics website: http://physics.yvescaudano.be